The AMP organization is committed to providing programs that are accessible and valuable to all constituents, from administrators to senior managers. AMP promotes educational and professional development opportunities, communicates to identify and discuss common areas of concern, and organizes discussions with campus leadership. AMP benefits include Mentorship Program, Book Club, Tools of the Trade, Toastmasters Club, UCSF Leadership Series, Science for the Rest of Us, and many other events to create fun social gatherings and encourage networking among members.
- To serve as an advocate with UCSF and Office of the President leaders for the needs and perspectives of administrators throughout our campus sites.
- To provide timely, useful, high-quality educational and professional development opportunities that meet the needs of our members.
- To access and provide communication vehicles that allow AMP members to identify and discuss common areas of concern.
- To provide much-needed connection between administrators at our multi-site campus.
- To encourage networking among campus administrators by offering a variety of informal events and activities.
- Educational programs, spanning personal and professional development, current campus issues, and panel discussions with campus leaders. Programs feature speakers from campus and external organization and are offered throughout the year. Selected programs will be offered to several campus sites via video conferencing.
- An annual day-long spring conference focusing on professional development. Prior themes have included "hot" managerial topics, communication, financial planning, team building, managing change and stress, and effective leadership.
- A dedicated listserv to bring you announcements and information about upcoming AMP programs and events.
- Informal social events to provide you an opportunity to network with professional colleagues and campus leadership.
- A formal campus mentorship program (in existence since 1990) in which participating mentorees are matched with senior campus mentors.
- A selection of books and periodicals on management topics available at the campus library.
- Programs to participate in such as the AMP Toastmasters Club "UC Oracles".
PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Professional development seminars with campus leadership and invited speakers from external organizations
- Annual day-long professional development conference on various managerial issues
- Listserv - an electronic bulletin board for announcements and program information, including selected job opportunities
- Social events and receptions for informal networking opportunity
- Sponsorship of the AMP Mentorship program, in which participants are matched with senior campus mentors.
- Book Club is a quarterly opportunity to discuss a book and to meet other members in an informal setting to be inspired by new thoughts and ideas
- Resource Library - a selection of books and periodicals on management topics available in the campus library
- AMP Toastmaster Clubs - A unique means of learning and improving your communicative abilities within an atmosphere of fellowship and fun with fellow members.
PSS and MSP personnel program members, staff personnel at the AAIII level and above, SRAII and above, and nurse managers are eligible for membership in AMP. To apply for membership, submit an application online. Annual dues are $40 for the fiscal year and are not prorated.